Course Description: "Group Therapy for Substance Abusing Populations"
explores the various types of group therapies and their underpinning
concepts and methodologies.
Course Objectives: After taking this course the participant will be able to:
1) Understand both the basic benefits and disadvantages of the uses of
2) Compare and contrast the five group models recommended by the
consensus panel for substance abuse treatment
3) Identify and describe the specialized groups in substance abuse treatment.
4) Better understand the stages of development of group therapy.
5) Understand the vital components of group therapy-- leadership skills,
therapeutic concepts, facilitation techniques--that are found in appropriate
group therapy treatment.
|Receipt of this certificate has been
automated for your convenience.
Unpaid certificates will be reported
to the board of the license holder.